"Happiness" is the song sung by the entire cast at the finale of the stage musical You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown and that of the animated TV special of the same name. In the stage musical, Charlie Brown sings most of the lines in the song. In the TV special, the lines are divided more evenly amongst the characters. The song has also been used many times, in a slightly modified version, on Sesame Street.
As the name implies, the song speaks about the small, but really good things in life.
- Charlie Brown: I'm so happy! That little red-haired girl dropped her pencil. It has teeth marks on them. She nibbles her pencil. She's human! Gosh, it hasn't been such a bad day after all.
- Happiness is, finding a pencil.
- Snoopy: Pizza with sausage.
- Linus: Telling the time.
- Schroeder: Happiness is, learning to whistle.
- Linus: Tying your shoe for the very first time!
- Patty/Sally: Happiness is playing the drums in your own, school band.
- Charlie Brown: And happiness, is walking hand in hand.
- Charlie Brown: Happiness is, two kinds of ice cream.
- Lucy: Knowing a secret.
- Schroeder: Climbing a tree.
- Charlie Brown: Happiness is, five different crayons.
- Schroeder: Catching a firefly, setting him free.
- Charlie Brown: Happiness, is being alone every now, and then.
- All: And happiness, is coming home again.
- Charlie Brown: Happiness is, morning and evening, daytime and nighttime too. For happiness, is anyone, and anything, at all, that's loved, by you.
- Linus: Happiness, is having a sister.
- Lucy: Sharing a sandwich.
- Both: Getting along!
- All: Happiness, is singing together when day, is through, and happiness is those who sing with you. Happiness is morning and evening, daytime and nighttime too.
- Charlie Brown: For happiness, is anyone, and anything, at all, that's loved, by you!
- Lucy: You're a good man, Charlie Brown.