|Directed by:|| Larry Leichliter|
|Written by:|| Charles M. Schulz|
|Release date:||November 20, 2006|
|Running time:||22 minutes|
|Proceded by:||I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown|
|Followed by:||Happiness is a Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown|
He's a Bully, Charlie Brown is the forty fourth Peanuts TV special. It aired November 20, 2006 on ABC. The plot is based on several storylines that had previously appeared in the Peanuts comic strip. The Joe Agate storyline originally appeared in the strip in 1995, the story involving Peppermint Patty sneaking away from summer school to see Charlie Brown was adapted from a series of strips from 1989.
At home, Rerun van Pelt finds some old marbles which his grandfather Felix, a marble master in his day, kept in the attic. Charlie Brown is going to Camp Indian Lake for summer vacation with Marcie while Peppermint Patty is stuck in summer school. Snoopy and Charlie Brown get ready to leave for camp, the beagle bringing lots of junk with him. They ride the bus and Peppermint Patty is there saying goodbye. Charlie Brown realizes that most of his friends are going to summer camp with him.
At camp, a bully, Joe Agate (voiced by Taylor Lautner) tauntingly talks about Snoopy and what he is going to do with the bowling ball. Snoopy drops the bowling ball on Joe Agate's feet. Linus is seen eating a lollipop. Rerun wants one too and goes to get one until he sees Joe Agate play marbles. He then decides that he wants to be a marbles champ.Joe Agate decides to play against Rerun on the false pretense of teaching him the game and quickly cheats him out of all of his marbles. A devastated Rerun complains to Charlie Brown. Disgusted, Charlie Brown takes responsibility and isolates himself in his cabin, where Snoopy instructs him on the game until he becomes skilled enough to win back the marbles from Joe. Meanwhile, back home, Peppermint Patty suspects that Charlie Brown is Marcie's love interest. Her temper flares when Marcie and Charlie Brown go off to camp together while she is stuck in town attending summer school as a result of her poor grades. Marcie's teasing Patty over the telephone about it makes Peppermint Patty even more jealous. Peppermint Patty, overcome with envy, hatches a plan to leave town and interrupt Marcie's supposed romance.
On the last day of camp, everyone tensely watches as Joe and Charlie Brown compete. Initially Joe wins and takes all of Charlie Brown's marbles, but fortunately, Snoopy has two spares. Charlie Brown beats Joe and wins back the marbles for Rerun. Triumphant, Charlie Brown returns home and enjoys seeing Lucy's irritation and astonishment upon learning that he has become a hero.
- Spencer Robert Scott - Charlie Brown
- Stephanie Patton - Lucy van Pelt
- Benjamin Bryan - Linus van Pelt
- Rory Thost - Peppermint Patty
- Jessica Gordon - Marcie
- Sierra Marcoux - Sally Brown
- Jimmy Bennett - Rerun van Pelt
- Taylor Lautner - Joe Agate
- Jolean Webje - Violet
- Paul Butcher - Roy, Kid
- Bill Melendez - Snoopy
- It is the last special to feature Bill Melendez as the voice of Snoopy and Woodstock, as Bill Melendez died on September 2, 2008.
- This special aired on ABC on 20 November 2006, following a repeat broadcast of 1973's A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. The late November airing of Bully seemed a little out of place, considering its summertime setting, but ABC felt the new special would do better in the ratings if it aired right after Thanksgiving, The decision paid off, as the two shows won their time slot with 9.4 million viewers, beating out, among other things, a Madonna special on NBC.
- This special contains the story line with Floyd when he called Marcie names at camp. However, it turned out, Joe Agate was the one calling Marcie names in the special, and not Floyd.