|Directed by:||Steve Martino|
|Written by:||Craig Schulz|
|Release date:||November 6, 2015|
|Preceded by:||Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown (And Don't Come Back!!)|
|Availability:||Not yet released in any media|
The Peanuts Movie (Snoopy and Charlie Brown: The Peanuts Movie in the United Kingdom) is an upcoming American 3D CGI animated comedy film based on Peanuts that will be released on November 6, 2015, around the sixty-fifth anniversary of the debut of the comic strip and the fiftieth anniversary of the first Peanuts television special, A Charlie Brown Christmas. Written and produced by Charles M. Schulz's son, Craig, his grandson, Bryan, and Cornelius Uliano, it will be animated by 20th Century Fox's Blue Sky Studios, and directed by Steve Martino, the director of Horton Hears a Who! and Ice Age: Continental Drift.
The teaser trailer for the movie was released on March 18, 2014, along with the official website and logo for the movie.
The full trailer was released online on November 18, 2014 and hit theatres on Thanksgiving Day, November 27.
Snoopy, as the World War I Flying Ace, is thrust into a large aerial dogfight with the Red Baron over Paris, while Charlie Brown goes on his own adventures that take him to locations such as the brick wall and the skating pond.
The cast of the film was recently announced. It includes:
- Noah Schnapp as Charlie Brown
- Hadley Miller as Lucy
- Alex Garfin as Linus
- Noah Johnston as Schroeder
- Mariel Sheets as Sally Brown
- Venus Schultheis as Peppermint Patty
- Rebecca Bloom as Marcie
- A.J. Tecce as "Pig-Pen"
- Mar Mar as Franklin
- Madisyn Shipman as Violet
- Anastasia Bredikhina as Patty
- William Wonsch as Shermy
- Francesca Capaldi as the Little Red-Haired Girl and Frieda
- Bill Melendez as Snoopy and Woodstock (archival recordings)
According to a USA Today article from March 18, 2014, Fifi (who appeared in Life is a Circus, Charlie Brown) will also make an appearance, though her voice actor was not announced. It is possible that she may have a silent role.
- This is the first Peanuts film to be released in 3D. It is also the first film to be CGI.
- Archival recordings of Bill Melendez as Snoopy and Woodstock will be used in the film.
- This is the first theatrical full-length Peanuts film since 1980's Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown (And Don't Come Back!!).
- Charles M. Schulz's son and grandson wrote the script of the movie.
- ↑ ComingSoon.net
- ↑ Official trailer, added to YouTube by Fox Family Entertainment on November 18, 2014