Robot Chicken is a stop-motion sketch comedy show on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. The series, co-created by Seth Green, features short stop-motion animated vignettes created with action figures, toys, and clay puppets of pop culture figures.
References to Peanuts
- In the episode "Vegetable Funfest", there is a segment called "The Time of the Great Pumpkin" that refers heavily to Peanuts. The Great Pumpkin makes an appearance, and apparently kills all of the Peanuts characters, except for Charlie Brown, until the Kite-Eating Tree destroys it. This segment also depicts Peppermint Patty and Marcie as a lesbian couple. In this segment, Rory Thost, who voiced Peppermint Patty in He's a Bully, Charlie Brown, voices Charlie Brown and Linus.
- In the episode "1987", the segment "Snoopy's Back Problem" features Snoopy going to the doctor with a stiff back, and the doctor asks, what he has been sleeping on, a reference to how he sleeps on top of his doghouse.
- In "Robot Chicken's Half-***ed Christmas Special", the segment "Misery, My Sweet Babboo" features Sally holding Linus hostage. She kills Snoopy when he attempts to rescue Linus. In the end, Linus strangles Sally with his security blanket, choking her then kills her with a lamp. This segment also states that Charlie Brown recieves chemo, which is why he is bald.
- In "But Not In That Way", the segment "Geography Day" shows different Peanuts characters getting assigned a different country. While Linus gets Italy and Lucy gets Russia, Charlie Brown sighs, "I got Iraq".
- In "Saving Private Gigli", the segment "Deaf Parents", Charlie Brown and Lucy learn that all adults are deaf, which is why they never speak real words.
- In "Beastmaster & Commander", the segment "Ren McCormack" features Ren McCormack (a character from the movie Footloose) decides to join the Peanuts gang, and watches them dance the way they danced to Linus and Lucy in A Charlie Brown Christmas. He yells at them (especially Shermy) that they are simply doing the same one move over and over. He then goes back to his own town because he is so fed up with them, and Snoopy, out of anger, turns into the World War I Flying Ace, and shoots him.