Once, Sally says, "Some philosophies take a thousand years. I think of them in one minute!" Another time, Sally declares that her new philosophy is simply "NO!", which was to be her answer to every question from that moment on, to which Charlie Brown says "That's your new philosophy, huh?" which she responds, "Yes!", leading her to grumble, "You ruined my new philosophy!" The late 1990s Broadway revival of You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown made reference to her philosophies with a new song for Sally called "My New Philosophy."
List of Sally's philosophies
- Who cares? (October 13, 1986)
- Don't blame me (February 20, 1988)
- What do I know? (February 20, 1988)
- Forget it (May 27, 1988)
- Why me? (May 27, 1988)
- Put everything off until the last minute, and learn everything in life the hard way (September 26, 1991)
- What do I care? (July 8, 1992)
- So waddya think?
- Oh yeah? That's what you think!
- Why are you telling me?
- I can't stand it
- Where will it all end?
- What did you expect, a medal?
- Who left the door open?
- Wolves are making a comeback.
- Details at eleven