"Schroeder" is a song from the stage musical You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown and the TV special of the same name. In the song, Lucy gives voice to her deep infatuation with Schroeder and asks him what he thinks of the idea of marriage. Schroeder is aware of her feelings, but remains aloof as he continues to play his piano. The song is sung to the tune of Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata"
- D'ya know something, Schroeder?
- I think the way you play the piano is nice.
- D'ya know something else?
- It's always been my dream, that I'd marry a man who plays the piano.
- At parties he'd play something nice like "April Showers."
- I'm sure you could play something nice like "April Showers."
- Or even "Frere Jacques."
- Beethoven's nice too.
- Just imagine what would you think if someday you and I should get married,
- Wouldn't you like that if someday we two should get married?
- (Spoken) My Aunt Marion was right. Never try to dicuss marriage with a musician.