|Directed by:||Sam Jaimes|
|Written by:||Charles M. Schulz, Arthur Whitelaw, Michael L. Grace and Michael Lockhart|
|Release date:||January 29, 1988|
|Running time:||50 minutes|
|Proceded by:||Happy New Year, Charlie Brown!|
|Followed by:||It's the Girl in the Red Truck, Charlie Brown|
Snoopy!!! The Musical is the thirty-first animated television special based on Charles M. Schulz's comic strip Peanuts and the second one to be based on a stage musical, the animated version of You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown having first been broadcast two years earlier. Snoopy!!! The Musical first aired on CBS on January 29, 1988. It is based on the musical comedy of the same name that was first performed in 1975.
Unusually for a Peanuts television special, the audience can hear Snoopy's thoughts in the form of human speech and song, although the child characters in the show can not understand him. The only other program in which this is the case is the adaptation of You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown.
Contents of the showEdit
Snoopy!!! The Musical features the characters, Snoopy, Woodstock, Charles "Charlie" Brown, Sally Brown, Lucy van Pelt, Linus van Pelt and Patricia "Peppermint Patty" Reichardt. Unlike in the comic strip, all five children are portrayed as attending the same school and being in the same class, taught by Miss Othmar. Other Peanuts characters appear briefly in non-speaking roles.
The show consists of a series of vignettes, without a unifying plot, each vignette containing a song. The featured songs are:
- "Don't Be Anything Less Than Everything You Can Be" - Sung by Charles "Charlie" Brown, Sally Brown, Linus van Pelt, and Patricia "Peppermint Patty" Reichardt.
- "Woodstock's Theme" - Instrumental.
- "Snoopy's Song" - Sung by Snoopy, Charles "Charlie" Brown, Patricia "Peppermint Patty" Reichardt, Lucy van Pelt, Linus van Pelt, and Sally Brown about Snoopy.
- "Edgar Allan Poe" - Sung by all the child characters, about their fear of Miss Othmar asking them difficult questions that they cannot answer.
- "I Know Now" - Sung by Sally Brown, Peppermint Patty, and Lucy van Pelt.
- "The Vigil" - Sung by Linus van Pelt as he waits in the pumpkin patch for the Great Pumpkin, accompanied by Snoopy.
- "Clouds" - Sung by all the child characters and Snoopy
- "The Great Writer" - Sung by Snoopy the World Famous Author as he writes a story that begins, "It was a dark and stormy night."
- "Poor Sweet Baby" - Sung by Peppermint Patty to Charlie Brown.
- "The Big Bow Wow" - Sung by Snoopy as he celebrates his promotion to Head Beagle.
- "Just One Person" - A song about believing in yourself, sung by Snoopy and all the child characters.
- Sean Colling - Charlie Brown
- Tiffany Billings - Lucy van Pelt
- Jeremy Miller - Linus van Pelt
- Ami Foster - Sally Brown
- Cam Clarke - Snoopy
- Bill Melendez - Woodstock
- Kristie Baker - Peppermint Patty