|Directed by:||Bill Melendez|
|Written by:||Charles M. Schulz|
|Release date:||January 18, 1994|
|Running time:||28 minutes|
|Proceded by:||It's Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown|
|Followed by:||It Was My Best Birthday Ever, Charlie Brown|
This special begins with Snoopy, as the World famous Coach, getting his football team, The Birds, ready. It consists entirely of Woodstock and his tiny friends. The announcer says, this game will decide the Eastern Champ for the "AFL" (Animal Football League). They are playing the team "The Cats" a ferocious group of cats. The Birds crushed The Cats, 38-0, making them the Eastern champs. The team celebrates by pouring a bottle of "Chirpade" on the coach.
Then, Lucy is seen asking Charlie Brown to kick a football. Charlie Brown refused to do it. Lucy then asked him "Are you gonna go through life not trusting anyone? That's no way to live." Charlie Brown decides, she's right, and tries to kick the ball, until Peppermint Patty comes, with Marcie, Franklin, and Linus, and tells Charlie Brown and Lucy, there will be a football, punt pass and kick contest, and first prize wins a new bicycle, and a trip to the super bowl, and they should all enter. While Lucy is looking at the poster for it, Charlie Brown realizes, now is his chance to kick the football, and runs up to kick it, but Lucy pulls it away.
While Charlie Brown and Linus are practicing for the contest they notice a very pretty girl, who catches Linus's attention. They both walk over to her, and introduce themselves to her. The girl says her name is Melody-Melody, and has been watching them. They flirt with her, and take her out for hot fudge sundaes. They then try to impress, and try to tell how they'll be entering the punt-and-kick contest. Melody says she will be rooting for them at the contest.
Then, comes a quick time out for more animal action! This time, it is The Birds, against The Dogs, to figure out, which team will be going to the Super Bowl. Once again, The Birds crushed The Dogs, this time 58-0. It was then onto the World Championship, but not until another drink of Chirpade, poured onto the coach.
Then came the punt-and-kick contest. Charlie Brown and Linus see Melody watching them, and they argue who Melody came to watch.
The announcer announces every player, and every player got a better score than the next one, except for Marcie who didn't want to kick the football (Because the football didn't do anything to deserve being kicked).
Then Charlie Brown goes. He scored more points then anyone so far, and it Peppermint Patty, says, "That probably wins it for Chuck." But then, Linus went, and he beat Charlie Brown's score. Linus then got so excited because, he thinks he won. But then the announcer announces the last contestant, Miss Melody-Melody! This got Charlie Brown and Linus confused. They thought Melody came to watch them play, and not enter the contest.
Melody goes, and beats Linus's score. Linus got so upset. He admitted to Charlie Brown that he was in-love with her. Melody wins the new bicycle and the tickets to the Super Bowl, leaving Charlie Brown and Linus in shock.
Then comes the AFL World Championship. It was The Birds, against the The Bison. The announcer even admitted he doubts the birds have a chance against the bison. The game begins, and Lucy comes onto the field, and tells Snoopy he is a horrible coach, and his team will get crushed. But once again, The Birds crushed the other team, 62-0. The birds were then the World Champions! The Birds then celebrate once more by pouring Chirpade.........all over Lucy!
The special ends with Charlie Brown and Linus at the wall. Linus says, he is so upset that the girl of his dreams beat him in the contest. He says he will not trust anyone ever again. Charlie Brown told him, "You're sister says we can't go through life doubting everyone. We have to learn to trust each other." Lucy then comes to them holding a football, to which Charlie Brown says, "I can't stand it."
- Jimmy Guardino - Charlie Brown
- John Christian Graas - Linus / Kid Who Yells
- Molly Dunham - Lucy
- Haley Peel - Peppermint Patty
- Nicole Fisher - Marcie
- Crystal Kuns - Melody-Melody
- Steve Stoliar - Annoucer
- Bill Melendez - Snoopy / Woodstock
- Every player on the birds team is named after a famous football player (Unitas, Csonka, etc...) or a United States president (Polk, Tyler)
- Melody-Melody wins the Punt, Pass & Kick contest wearing a Dallas Cowboys uniform. Less than two weeks later, the Cowboys won Super Bowl XXVIII, which happened to air on NBC. Charlie Brown wore the uniform of the Cowboys' chief rivals at the time, the San Francisco 49ers.
- Each of the two competing Van Pelt siblings wore uniforms team which was based in Los Angeles at the time: Lucy wore a Los Angeles Raiders uniform while Linus wore a Los Angeles Rams one. Both teams have since moved away from Los Angeles (the Raiders back to Oakland and the Rams to St. Louis)
- Pig-Pen's uniform is the only one which was never worn by an NFL team; his Green Bay Packers uniform consisted of a dark-gold helmet & pants and a dark blue jersey (this design was proposed by Packers management in the early 1990s, but due to overall fan dislike, it was rejected)
- Marcie and Franklin are given last names in this special - Johnson and Armstrong, respectively; however, these cannot be considered canon, as Charles Schulz never gave them last names in the strip. These names are not used in any other special either.
- This is the only time that Peter Robbin's screaming is not used when Charlie Brown tries to kick the football.
- Snoopy does not interact with Charlie Brown in this special.
- Sally doesn't appear in this special.
- The home video release of this special was available for purchase only as a promotional VHS tape from Shell Gas stations.
- This was the only animated Peanuts TV special to have aired on NBC.